This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team within an award-winning, growing healthcare communications agency and work with experienced, talented, like-minded professionals.
The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive salary and benefits package and an agile working model that has been in place since the company’s conception, enabling its people to work from home if desired.
The HR Manager is responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped with best practice, to foster a high-performance culture. Working with the Operations Director and the Makara Leadership Team (MLT), the HR manager is responsible for the management of the overall HR operation, providing line management to the HR coordinator, and working with MLT on the delivery of strategic objectives.
- Liaising with the Leadership team to create and review the company’s recruitment strategy and support with the development of the employer brand.
- Ensuring the recruitment processes are in line with company objectives and take the lead on all recruitment initiatives ensuring the effective recruitment, selection and onboarding of new employees.
- Leading on a variety of employee engagement and communication initiatives.
- Ensuring that HR related information and guidance on the companies SharePoint site are up to date and relevant.
- Developing the Learning and development proposition ensuring that each colleague has a personal development plan that is aligned to business and personal goals.
- Ensuring all managers are using the performance management processes consistently and effectively, providing guidance and support where required.
- Creating regular reports and presentation on HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates).
- Participating in the implementation of specific projects, meetings, trainings, surveys, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Assisting with Health and Safety policies.
Essential skills and experience
- 5 years proven HR generalist experience.
- Degree and/or relevant CIPD qualification required, or working towards.
- Solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills.
- Proactive team player with strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion.
- Strong ICT skills, computer literate in MS Office applications.
- Understanding of GDPR.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org