Makara Health strengthens its rapidly growing team with raft of new hires
Salisbury, 05 December 2019 – UK-based international healthcare communications agency, Makara Health, continues to grow its team with a number of new appointments.
- Ekta Rohra joins as Director, Digital Strategy, bringing a wealth of expertise in the digital and social media aspect of medical communications. Her experience ranges from eDetails and websites, to targeted communications across a wide range of therapy areas and audiences. Prior to joining Makara, Ekta ran a start up social media management agency called WhyGoSocial.
- Helen Rae, who was initially employed as a contractor, joins Makara as Associate Director, PR and Communications. Prior to working at Makara, Helen has worked at Publicis Resolute and Packer Forbes. She has over 12 years of experience delivering high quality, results driven, strategic communications programmes, from disease awareness campaigns to medical education for UK and global clients.
- Lucy Harris has been appointed as Project Director. She comes from HAVAS LYNX where she worked for 3 years across a wide range of branded, disease awareness and internal comms campaigns.
- Kathryn Sparrow joins the team as Project Director, bringing over 10 years’ experience delivering strategic consultancy, project management and editorial expertise. She comes from KISS Communications, and has previously worked at InterComm, AXON Communications and AS&K Mercury Healthcare Communications.
- Chrissie Hannah joins the Makara support team in the Salisbury office as a Project Manager, bringing experience in health PR, branded and disease awareness activity. Prior to joining Makara, she worked at Tonic Life (now Evoke KYNE) for 3 years, and has previously worked at Ogilvy and JPA.
“This is an exciting time for Makara Health as we continue to bring in new clients and expand our offering,” said Louise Sharp, Owner and Managing Director of Makara Health. “Our agile structure means that we can offer employees genuine options in terms of where they choose to work, be that from our Salisbury office, from home, or another regional hub. As a result we are able to attract talented candidates from across the UK and offer our clients integrated programmes combining elements of brand, PR, training and medical education.
“Ekta will bring a new dynamic to the business with her creative and digital background, and Helen will further strengthen our PR and communications offering. As the company grows I’m keen to ensure Makara is still an inspiring company to work with and within – bringing in the right staff is crucial to this.”
Other recent appointments to Makara Health include Amy Turner, who joins as project coordinator working within the office support team based in Salisbury