Salisbury, 19 May 2020 – UK-based international healthcare communications agency,
Makara Health, has continued to grow its team with six new hires:
- Martin Cannings is the latest addition to the expanding digital team, joining as Senior Digital Developer. He brings 11 years of experience as a developer in health communications, having worked at FCB Health Europe for the last two years, and Halesway Ltd. prior to that.
- Additionally, Makara has brought in three new Account Directors to support the increasing client demand for virtual solutions to enable stakeholder engagement, including:
- Fiona Downes, who brings 10 years of experience in healthcare communications at Cello Health,
- Kim Bond, who has delivered communications solutions for NHS organisations and professional bodies, amongst others, and
- Alex Adnitt, who has a strong background in healthcare advertising and medical communications following roles at Interactive Pharma Solutions, Roundhouse Healthad and McCann Torre Lazur.
- To support the wider team, Rebecca Pratley joins as HR Manager, with over 17 years of experience in similar roles. Her initial focus will be on employee engagement and wellbeing given the challenging external environment.
- The final addition is Sam Carter who joins as Finance Manager. Sam brings with him significant experience in finance services from outside the industry.
“Whilst it’s been a strange time for all of us, I’m very encouraged by the rate at which Makara continues to grow in all areas of the business,” commented Louise Sharp, Owner and Managing Director of Makara Health.
“We are committed to providing a seamless service to new and existing clients in the current climate, as well as supporting our people through what may be an unsettling time for some. Our agile model has enabled us to navigate the current challenges and we look forward to evolving with the needs of our clients in the months ahead.”